Monday 6 May 2013

Metallic Mondays











Have you ever bought an item of clothing that even in the store you are not sure when or where you will wear it? I have... and on more then one occasion. Often these purchases turn out to be braver then my usual choices in terms of the print, texture or material. This metallic silver jacket is a perfect example. I bought it in a Zara sale a while ago. I think I felt sorry for it, sat there with a full rack of its fellow silver comrades and the odd David Bowie ground control reference being thrown in there general direction. With that it became a challenge. My thoughts were 'I will buy this jacket and I will make it work'. I often make these decisions when an item is in the sale, but then don't we all buy things we don't need because it's cheaper and in the sale? This Jacket was a bargain at £10 pounds, and today, in the rare English heat, I decided to dress like 'a chicken in tin foil', these are not my words, but the words of a passer by. I'm pretty sure I have expressed in a previous post the joy it  gives me when someone hates my outfit enough to comment out loud... I really thought I had toned  it down with the black. Obviously not enough for some.
Hollie x
Jacket: Zara
Top: Charity Shop
Skort: Zara
Boots: Topshop
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. :)

    I think you rock that jacket girl...love how you paired it with black, it's working perfectly!

    And I know the feeling of trying to rescue abandoned pieces during sales..your post made me smile:)
    Best, zia
    http://tisallaboutthefashion.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket color!
    Thank you for your comment. Follow you on GFC and Bloglovin. Wait for you :)

    xoxo Klara
    http://kleinklara2h.blogspot.com/
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you in Chicisimo and I absolutely love your style!! I also have a fashion blog with many readers from all over the world and I would like to upload at least one picture of each country that reads me, one of them is The UK, of course! So I was wondering If I could use your pictures there :) Here is the link in case you wanna check it. I hope you say yes as many girls have done already. Would be really cool!
    http://dhariascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the link, I really hope you like the entry!! http://dhariascloset.blogspot.mx/2013/05/british-street-style-hollies-got-it-and.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything about this outfit.. your jacket is amazing :)

    would you like to follow each other?
    follow me if you like and i always follow back!

    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig