Tuesday 28 May 2013

Video Virginity















‘Shop your wardrobe’ is probably one of the best pieces of advice I have ever read on a fashion blog. Although simple, you wouldn't believe how much I struggle sometimes to put an outfit together from my wardrobe and lack of clothes is definitely not the reason. Most of the time I find it so much easier to go out and buy something new, instead of spending hours looking through my wardrobe. In my case, this is a real shame as I often miss hidden gems and end up spending a fortune on clothes I probably already have or could style into the look I wanted. Social media has definitely affected the way I dress and purchase items. I am ashamed to say that I often don’t like to be seen wearing the same outfit twice or often the same piece of clothing, which I will admit, is ridiculous, as I don’t have the disposable income to support such a lifestyle... this needs to change. 
I think that is the main reason ‘shop your wardrobe’ has become one of my favourite pieces of advice, that, and the increase in my bank account balance. If you’re struggling for inspiration often asking a friend to pull some items gives you a fresh perspective on your wardrobe. Lately, I have been loving the two piece trend with the matching top and bottoms, so instead of buying a new outfit I had a good look through my wardrobe, and came up with what you see pictured. I like this outfit that much I decided to add heels and wear it for cocktails with friends (I think I need a lie down to much change). I also decided to do something a little different... an outfit video... I definitely need a lie down. 
Holly x

Jumper: Zara
Skirt: Whistles
Boots: Topshop
Shoes: Zara






SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Great look. Love the skirt. Check out my new post, also featuring a new video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    thank you for your lovely comment :)
    You have a great style, so of couse we can follow each other :) I follow now on GFC & Bloglovin.

    Have a nice day
    x Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look :))) Amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stripes really look good together. I love your boots too! :)
    Do you want us to follow each other? Let me know!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the sweet comment on my blog post!!

    I must admit i am just like you....I never want to wear the samething twice. It makes me feel good to have on something new. BUT i seriously need to start shopping my own closet bc I have a ton of stuff in there that deserves to be worn more than once.

    I am now following you. Be sure to follow back!! =]]]]

    Sincerely,
    STAJA
    www.SoStaja.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that cute little video! you look amazing in the striped top and this skirt is so unique!

    check out my latest outfit post on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and all your outfits! Will definitely try that advice too and start shopping my wardrobe. I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig