Monday 21 April 2014

Thrifty Easter






A simple Easter outfit with a splash of colour. The jumper I am wearing is from a charity shop, but the fit was a little off, so I decided to cut it into a crop. I do love finding bargains especially in thrift stores, I sort of feel like I have achieved a little more than when I am just looking through a high-street shop sales. I think its probably because you are never guaranteed to find anything on trend, and for me, because it has been previously loved, I don't seem to mind so much taking a pair of scissors to it! New clothes however, are a different story and I cannot quite bring myself to hack at them, whether in the sale or not. I know this is probably because I liked the item enough to buy it as it was. There is however, one downside to buying charity shop clothes... The smell. I think I had to hand wash this jumper about five times before it stopped smelling of roast dinners and bingo halls. 
I hope you have enjoyed you Easter
Hollie x


Jumper- Charity Shop
Skirt- Zara
Leather Jacket- H&M
Boots- Garage


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i love your style! those shoes remind me so much of the chloƩ susanna boots - so cool. totally agree with you about charity shops, they are so affordable and everything probably has a really interesting history! xo
    refreshion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! So do you. I know that one of the main reasons I bought the boots. Unfortunately the Chloe boots are out of my price range so I thought these were a great alternative. Hollie x

      Delete
  2. Sweet pictures and a great look - cute sunnies! :)
    Kisses
    Tabea

    Auf Wolke 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt and how it brightens up the whole outfit! thrift shops are definitely the way forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte. I totally agree the skirt definitely lifts the outfit. Hollie x

      Delete

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig