Monday 10 November 2014

Realism








The 'Oh so realistic, unrealistic way of wearing your coat'. While wearing my coat like this today, a thought popped into my head... 'Why even bother wearing one?'. I mean, its not like its keeping me warm, in fact, it was probably more of a hinderance having to drag it back onto my shoulders every 50 yards. The whole 'coat on shoulder' thing is definitely something you do when you are either predominantly stood still or being street style snapped at the fashion weeks. Then I started thinking 'why not just wear a cape' (it always works for superhero's), because essentially, that is what you are doing with your coat, but sometimes a cape isn't always right. There is a certain nonchalance about a coat being flung over your shoulders. It sort of makes you walk a little taller, straighter and slightly more elegantly. In fact, forget books on your head all you need is a jacket on your shoulders to improve your posture. Although, after today's performance I think I might be a lost cause, forget boob tape, I need some shoulder tape. STAT!
Hollie x
Jacket- H&M
Skirt- Vintage
Jumper- Topshop
Sunglasses- Prada











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig